Dental implants are small titanium posts surgically implanted into your jawbone to replace the root of a tooth that is missing or has fallen out. The implant is an anchor that supports your new dental crown, bridge, or denture and restores the function and appearance of your smile. The dental implant is a long-term solution that provides a strong foundation for dental health. At N STREET DENTAL, they are made from a biocompatible material, so your body will not reject the implants like a natural tooth. Once an implant has fused to your bone, you will experience improved strength in your bite and restored confidence. After your procedure, you can care for your new smile as you would with your natural teeth. Routine brushing, flossing, and regular cleanings are recommended for the longevity of the restoration. You will also be able to enjoy all of your favorite foods and smile confidently.
The Dental Implants Procedure
To begin the treatment process, the dentist will remove damaged teeth and prepare the area where the implants will be placed. Then, the titanium implants will be permanently inserted into the jaw's bone. Once the implants are placed and secured in the bone, they will undergo a process of osseointegration. During this time, the bone heals around each implant in osteogenesis. This can take anywhere from three to six months, depending on the health of the gums and bone and the extent of tooth loss. Once that process is complete, the patient will return to their dentist to have their abutments placed. The abutments are attached to the implants and connect to the dental crowns. Finally, the crowns will be affixed to the abutments.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Improving your speech and your ability to eat and enjoy your favorite foods.
- Replacing missing teeth with a permanent solution that looks and feels natural.
- Restoring your confidence by helping you to smile again and feel proud of your smile.
- Helping you maintain your youthful appearance by preventing jawbone loss when a tooth is missing.
- Protecting your oral health allows you to continue performing normal oral functions such as chewing, speaking, and smiling quickly and confidently.
- Preserve the health of your surrounding teeth by not requiring support from adjacent natural teeth or using adhesives in most cases.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Dental implants are a safe and effective way to replace any number of missing teeth. They are made of titanium, a biocompatible material that does not interfere with other bodily systems. Titanium is strong enough to support dental appliances, including dentures and crowns. It is also the only metal the human body does not reject when implanted.
Dental implants are an excellent option for patients who want to restore one or more missing teeth in their smile. To learn more about dental implants, visit N STREET DENTAL at 125 East N Street, Benicia, CA 94510, or call (707) 745-0636.