Do your teeth look dull and discolored? Does this affect your confidence levels and make you too conscious while smiling or talking with your friends and family? If so, you need teeth whitening solutions to help get rid of the stains on your teeth and flaunt a flawless smile.
Our team of specialists offers excellent teeth whitening solutions to suit your specific condition. We offer different types of teeth whitening such as traditional whitening and custom tray whitening. We have helped several patients get rid of their teeth discoloration and get the best smile that they’ve always longed for.
How do teeth stain?
- Most often, teeth staining can be the result of its natural aging process. As we age, teeth may undergo natural wear, exposing the inner dentin as the outer enamel starts to deteriorate.
- Excessive consumption of colored food may result in stains on the surface of teeth resulting in teeth discoloration.
- Irregular and improper brushing and flossing of teeth can also lead to staining and build-up of plaque and tartar.
- Habits like smoking and consumption of alcohol can cause teeth to appear dull and promote the formation of dark patches on them.
What are my teeth whitening options?
- Conventional teeth whitening: In this method, the dentist would use a teeth whitening gel to remove the stains. The whitening gel is essentially a bleaching agent which releases Oxygen molecules. As these molecules enter the surface of teeth, they penetrate deep into the layers of the enamel and help lighten its shade. The whitening gel will be applied on the teeth surface, spread evenly, and allowed to stay on them for a brief period. After this, the patient can rinse the mouth with water to thoroughly remove the whitening gel. The procedure may be repeated multiple times to get the desired shade of whitening.
- Custom-tray whitening: Patients who prefer to whiten their teeth in the comfort of their house can choose this procedure. We would provide you with customized whitening trays that fit perfectly on your teeth. They will have to be worn along with a whitening gel for a prescribed period of time. The advantage of choosing tray whitening is that the saliva wouldn’t come in contact with the gel, making this procedure highly effective. Again, it can be repeated multiple times based on the extent of staining and the level of whitening required.
You can reach out to us by calling 707-745-0636 or by scheduling an online appointment to get your teeth whitened at the earliest.